Friday, March 31, 2006

The end is near...for ALIAS

Argh! I just set a date for the test. If you see me doing anything other than study, kick my a$$.

Alias returns Wednesday, April 19 and I can't wait.
Image hosting by TinyPic

This from the ALIAS casting director, Chad Darnell (http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/) from his blog about the second to last episode and finale:

MARCH 30, 2006
We got the outline for the finale of "Alias" this morning then had our final concept meeting at the studio for three hours this morning.

If nothing else, I am so happy to be a part of the shows finale. Drew Goddard and Jeff Pinkner are writing the final script, and the final two hours air back to back. It's perfect. It's brilliant. It's exactly the way the show should end. And sitting around that table with people I've worked with for five years, and watching as we hash out the last hour of the series was such a powerful experience. "Alias" was like getting my doctorate. Because of the accessability of the producers and writers, I've learned more in five years on THAT show than 100 years in college. And it's nice to have five box sets of DVDs and point to it on a shelf and say, "that is the work that I am most proud of."

MARCH 24, 2006
I can't talk about the script. I can't talk about the script. It's the second to last script of the series. It's brilliant.

And I nearly threw up.

Because in the TEASER - they are in seven different locales - and they are all going to be complicated extras to cast.

So - I arrive at the meeting late. I pulled a chair next to Alison, one of the writers. I poked her and said, "you hate me, don't you." She feigns surprise. "Why?" "Oh, I don't know..." I began rattling off all the different sets and she said, "think of it as a showcase."

The episode is GI-NORMOUS. Which scares the hell out of me, because if this is the SECOND to last... what's the ending. Honestly, I think there are more extras in this script than in any script we've ever shot. There was a lengthy conversation about how it is going to be expensive, but it's going be great. No idea how it all ends, but I'm excited. And terrified.

This is me pretending to be Agent Bristow:

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Patrick Ballesteros said...

Yo man, wens your test date. SO i know how hard to kick your butt to study.

-pat

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger ANNA said...

yAY YOU SET THE DATE!!! ok gweeeenie, after Alias is done -NOTHING BUT NURSING! i'll study with you! i PROMISE i won't talk!

** aeeeeenna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home