Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Little Miss Jessica


My parents offered to take my ninang and my ninang's sister and her grandkid out to Sea World last Tuesday and I decided to join them after I unexpectedly got the day off. Another fun day in the sun.

When you were a kid, did your parents ever make you sing or dance for family and friends? My parents did or at least they tried to get me to do it for a little while. Ha2! Then, they gave up after I would give them this "Yeah, right" look. Nah ah.

I watched my relatives do this to this little girl.
Them: Jessica, you sing the Titanic song for your Auntie.
Jessica: [Stares at her Grandma.]
Them: Come on, ah. You sing one song and we'll go.
Them: Go. You sing.
Me: It's okay. She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to.
Them: Come on, Jessica. Titanic. [with a microphone up her face]
Jessica: [Sings and actually has a nice singing voice]
Me: [Thank God I'm not her anymore]
Them: You dance, too.
Me: [Oh, God!]

As she sang, I thought of the movie, Little Miss Sunshine. She was just like that little girl in the movie only my family isn't dysfunctional (I don't think). Oh, goodness. It made my parents want grandkids.

Gulp!

Coincidently, three cousins are expecting their 3rd kid.
CONGRATULATIONS to:

  • Roda and Geoff! Hope Grace and Lelani get a little brother to boss around.
  • Frank and Manang Lalaine. Johnny and Luigi want a baby sister.
  • Randy and Michelle. You're already one and one.

  • 2 Comments:

    At 12:03 AM, Blogger cecile marie said...

    this is a great photo!

     
    At 11:48 AM, Blogger ANNA said...

    yeah they TOTALLY used to make me perform...Matt too. hahaha! Terrible! freakin' parents, I swear!

    btw...sooooo good seeing you this week Gweeeeen!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home