Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Champ!

Llllllllllaaaaadies and Gggggggentlemen!

I give you the winner and undisputed heavyweight champion of the evening, my dad!



Dad's 60 years young from gwen78 on Vimeo.

Dad's 60h birthday party was a hit!

I don't know exactly how many people came to our house last Saturday, but we're estimating it to be around 200 guests. 200!?! It was nuts, but fun. It was the first time many of them saw our "new" backyard. A lot of them had the same reaction as my Ninang.
Ninang: Wow! It's like a mirage.
Translation: It reminds me of the Mirage, Las Vegas.
My niece, Janeen already called out her 18th birthday debut to be at the house. The yards did looked beautiful, I must say. We rented round tables and adorned them with really pretty flowers, an assortment of kinds, one was pink hydrangeas with white roses and lillies. Luckily, the winds that tore apart our neighbor's outdoor tarp died down on Saturday so we could watch the fight on the outside big screen.

There was also food to feed an entire crowd at a football game, 5 cases of San Miguel beer that were all consumed, wine, zinfandel and other spirits, a one-man band on keys, a polynesian dance performances, sounds by DJ ChuChu and the main event, the Paquiao fight.

The evening even ended perfectly, with a police noise complaint.

It was a long, hard, emotional week for my family. I'm glad the party was able to lift everyone's spirits.

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!

We LOVE and will miss you, Uncle Johnny!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger ANNA said...

love it! i love it Gweeen! I'm sure your dad will never forget his 60th birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home