Wednesday, September 20, 2006

STRIKE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chant:
Everywhere we go.
Everywhere we go.
People want to know.
People want to know.
Who we are.
Who we are.
So we tell them.
So we tell them.
We are the nurses.
We are the nurses.
The mighty, mighty nurses.
The mighty, mighty nurses.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So I went to my first labor union rally/strike. I'd been to one strike out before in Oxnard when my mom and her co-workers went on strike and won. It was kinda funny to see my mom and the aunties picket. I know it's all serious stuff, but it was still weird to see them do it.

It was even more weird that I was now doing it. I'm still new and naive to all this labor union stuff but I thought I'd go to show some support. There I was with my picket sign in hand that read, "9000 UC RN's will be heard!" quietly repeating the words to the chants. It was one of the "What am I doing here?" kind of moments.

I don't know what will happen. I don't know if what we did made a difference. I'd like to hope we did, but there you go, my first nurse strike. It wasn't exactly like the Grey's Anatomy episode when the nurses threw food at Christina and Izzie for crosses the lines, but still an eventful morning.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger ANNA said...

Wow you are SOO straight out Grey's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home