Sunday, June 18, 2006

I'm a "dream girl"

Have your parents ever talked about you, had a conversation about you, joked about you to friends or other people while you were right there infront of them? This was me last Saturday- smile and nod...smile and nod.

Ever since I graduated from nursing school, more now since I've passed my boards, I've noticed that aunties, a.k.a. Pilipino Moms are so much nicer, so much more inviting to me than ever. They're practically begging me to marry their sons. After I graduated, a family friend who is a real estate agent even said she'd buy me a "house and lot."

Last Saturday, I got to see the house.

My cousin bought a house in Bakersfield and on Saturday and had a housewarming and high school graduation party for his daughter. Auntie Rosy, Uncle and Didi also recently relocated to Bakersfield and came to the party. They bought two homes there, one for their retirement and the other one...for me.

My parents, aunts and uncles and I went to tour their homes and the entire time we were there they joked, in tagalog (which I don't understand) about me.

Here the jest of what I translated:
Mom: Let's go see auntie's new house.
Me: Okay.
Auntie (to me): I'll buy you one. (kisses me on my cheek)
Me: Okay, auntie.
Auntie: I'll buy you one if you become my daughter-in-law.
Everyone: Hahahahahaha....(everyone looking at me)...hahahahahahaha.
Auntie: You're my "dream girl." And Didi (her daughter) says you're her favorite. She looks up to you.
Me: Awwwwww...(blushing) Thanks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bakersfield 93307

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and my future sister-in-law, Didi =)



RANDOM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
CONGRATS, MAE! This is Mae's new room. She came up with the square ideas and colors on her own. Good job!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They forgot the air pump for the swimming hole, so the kiddies cooled off using the sprinklers and water hose.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was 102 degrees outside. Hot!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Halo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home