Thursday, April 05, 2007

Trick or Treat

I went down to San Diego last Saturday to visit my cousin and her newest baby girl, Raeline. While we were down there, Sheena and I took my dad, aunt and uncle to buy Pilipino foods and stopped by Valerio's bakery. Sheena and I were soaked with the smell of Pilipino food all day and decided to wait outside of the store. A black man and woman walked throught the door and stood in line. A little while later we saw them leave. Then my uncle came outside and stood near us.

Me: What happened?
Uncle: (Chuckled and tried to contain himself) I'll tell you later.
Me: (Amused but puzzled) Okay.
Uncle: I think I want to return my order.
Me: Why?
Uncle: (Waved me to move away from the door and windows then said quietly) There was a Cockroach.
Me: (Sourpuss face) Ewww!
Uncle: The girl at the counter yelled, "Dad! Dad! Come here! Kill it!" With his bare hands he just killed it and said, "Why did you not just kill it?" then walked back to the kitchen without washing his hands.
Me: Ewww! Gross! That's why that couple left.
Uncle: I don't blame them.

Wash your pan de sal, people...or just wash your hands, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home