Saturday, October 07, 2006

House Party x2

My Mom is superwoman. She hosted two parties in the same day with almost no sleep from the evening before. Lucky me, I unexpectedly got the day off and had to help out.

Party #1: Baby shower for breakfast

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mom likes to clean. She cleans like Monica on "Friends" cleans. When I was younger I learned to put my things away because if I didn't, they'd get thrown away in the trash by Mom. Mom does the same thing at work. It's one of the reasons why so many of the nurses decided to come to Cathy's baby shower. They wanted to see Yoli's "clean" house.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cathy is like a daughter to my mom. I don't know what my parents were thinknig, but I could have been named Liberty beacuase I was born on the Fourth of July. Thank goodness I wasn't named that. Cathy's daughter's name is Lauren. Mom says that also should have been my name because my dad's name is Laurencio.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was your typical baby shower...food, games, karaoke and the crazy Auntie doing the dance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Whoever sucked the memosa out of the baby bottle first, won. I didn't suck. =)

I got alot of the, "You're a nurse like your mom, huh?" and the "So, how do you like work?" inquest. To which I replied, "Work is work, play is fun."

Party #2: October birthday party

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mmmmm...cupcakes. There's a bakery in Camarillo called, Bread Basket that makes yummy cakes and cupcakes. An employee left that company and created his own in Oxnard called, Flour House and that's just as yummy. All I did was eat all day long. There goes five more pounds. Oy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
How many times did we watch Dancing with the Stars? OMG! They had it on at the beginning of the party and at the end for those that didn't see it earlier. Then, they played it again during the second party. Ah! That's Dad's fault. Reality freak!

Happy 59th birthday, Dad!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger cecile marie said...

i heard you brought home a killer ginormous cupcake!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

OMIGOSH Gwen! I was looking up info on the Flour House and saw your blog. I was scrolling down and I saw a picture of a filipinos. I was all thinking to myself, "Wow, that looks like Gwen's House". I look closer at the pictures and it is your house! How funny! How have you been? Call me up so we can catch up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home